WHAT IS IT?
Business managers plan, organize, direct, and oversee the activities needed to accomplish an organization’s mission. They ensure that vital resources – people, money, equipment, information, and work processes – are used effectively and efficiently. Managers work in almost every size and type of human enterprise, from small businesses to large multinational corporations and from private companies to government agencies to nonprofit organizations.
WHERE THE JOBS ARE--CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Employment opportunities, projected growth, and salary information may found on the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics website:
- Management career fields: BLS Webpage
- Other Business and Financial career fields: BLS Webpage
CERTIFICATES & DEGREES
- AS -T in Business Administration: For students who intend to transfer to a CSU campus in a Business-related major.
- AS and CA in Business Administration: For students who intend to transfer to any of a wide variety of universities and Business-related majors.
- AS and CA in Business Management: For students who intend to enter a Business-related career field.
- AS and CA in Mortgage Brokerage and Banking: For students who intend to enter or advance in the Mortgage Brokerage and Banking industry.
Enrollment is open to high school graduates and persons at least 18 years of age, with or without a high school diploma.
San Diego Miramar College is a community college with low tuition set by the California State Legislature. Nonresidents of California pay an additional tuition fee. Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, scholarships and financial aid are available for tuition and books.