WORK AT THE BEACH. SAVE LIVES.
For you, it’s more than a career. It’s a calling. Become an ocean lifeguard – 100 jobs available every year in San Diego County!
San Diego Miramar College has combined forces with eight lifeguard agencies within San Diego County to provide both entry level lifeguard training and advanced training. When candidates complete Introduction to Open Water Lifeguarding and Emergency Response, they may apply to work as ocean lifeguards.
CERTIFICATES & DEGREES
Miramar College’s San Diego Regional Lifeguard Training Program offers the only Associate in Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement in Ocean Lifeguarding in the world!
- Intro to Ocean Lifeguarding (San Diego Regional Lifeguard Academy)
- Lifeguard Vehicle Operations
- Personal Watercraft Operations
- SCUBA for Emergency Services 1
- SCUBA for Emergency Services 2
- Coastal Cliff Rescue
- Swift Water Rescue Technician
- Advanced Lifeguard Academy (for newly promoted full-time ocean lifeguards)
- American Red Cross Emergency Response
- Emergency Medical Technician “in the aquatic environment”
- Beach Management (coming soon)
Other public safety related courses from Fire Technology and Administration of Justice are required in order to obtain the Professional Certificate.
San Diego Miramar College is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment is open to high school graduates and persons at least 18 years of age, with or without a high school diploma.
San Diego Miramar College is a community college with low enrollment fees established by the California State Legislature. Veteran’s Affairs (VA) benefits, scholarships, and other financial aid are available to qualifying students.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Admissions Office • (858) 536-7844 • (619) 388-7844
Lifeguard Academy • (619) 523-2929